3.03.2012

My Sewing Desk - Work In Progress

I am so happy so far with the way my desk is turning out.  I still plan on adding layers of color and design, but here are some peeks on the progress so far. 

Primed and front panel painted.  I just sanded the surface enough to give it tooth and then primed it with gesso.  I am going with a prism color scheme here so all my paints and supplies will look nice with it.  I love color!!!!

painted furniture, mixed media furniture, art on furniture, painted sewing desk, craft room art furniture

Now a couple of pictures with the first layer finished.  






Some more detail and color added.






From this point I plan on adding a bit more detail with color, then doing an overpainting of black and white patterns.  I have no idea how this is going to turn out though.  I am having a great time just painting with no plan.  For now this guy is unfinished, but when i get the painting done I plan on adding a couple of layers of gloss to bring out the color.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! I love the way your desk is turning out! :) Just found your blog via the Cloth, Paper, Scissors forum. I'm a new follower and will be back to read more when it isn't almost 1am. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, please do come by again!

    ReplyDelete